The Office of Environmental Health and Safety provides training for Wake Forest University employees who manage hazardous waste.
Types of Hazardous Waste.
- Many chemicals are considered hazardous waste when they are disposed.
- Hazardous waste must be managed and disposed of in accordance with EPA regulations.
- DO NOT pour chemical waste down sinks or in storm drains.
- Each laboratory and art studio where hazardous waste is generated has collection containers for waste. Do not put incompatible material in the same container, and always make sure the container is closed if not in use.
- In the event of a chemical or oil spill or release, call the Office of Environmental Health and Safety 336.758.3427 and Campus Police 336.758.5911
For Chemical spills, refer to the Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan.
Hazardous Waste Training
University faculty, staff & students who generate or handle hazardous waste are required to complete Hazardous Waste within two weeks of hire date. Current staff are required to complete the training as a refresher on an annual basis. Be sure to submit the certification for course completion!